- Our Top Five Side Steps for Toyota FJ Cruiser
- #1. Tyger Auto – Best Off-Road Side Steps
- #2. N-FAB – Best Textured Side Steps
- #3. MaxMate – Best Nerf Bars
- #4. Smittybilt – Best Rock Sliders
- #5. APS iBoard – Best Aluminium Side Steps
- What is the difference between running boards and side steps?
- What is the point of side steps?
- What is the purpose of nerf bars on an SUV?
Chances are, if you have a Toyota FJ Cruiser, you need off-road side steps to go with it. After all, this will complete the full look of your off-roader. These off-road side steps not only make it easier for you and anyone riding with you to get in and out of your SUV, but they also help protect the inside of the vehicle by keeping it cleaner.
We have scoured and searched for the best rock sliders for Toyota FJ Cruiser. Listed below you will find the five best ones we believe are on the market today. We are determined to help you find the best side step for your SUV at a price that you find works into your budget.
Our Top Five Side Steps for Toyota FJ Cruiser
We totally understand in today’s busy world, you may not have time to look for off-road side steps for your Toyota FJ Cruiser. And you may find it challenging to find the best-priced ones. We have done all the hard work for you in compiling a list of the top five side steps for your SUV.
|Tyger Auto - Best Off-Road Side Steps||
|N-FAB - Best Textured Side Steps||
|MaxMate - Best Nerf Bars||
|Smittybilt - Best Rock Sliders||
|APS - Best Aluminium Side Steps||
#1. Tyger Auto – Best Off-Road Side Steps
Tyger Auto side steps work for all Toyota FJ Cruiser models from 2007-2014. With the unique patented STAR metal step pads, this side step really helps individuals get in and out of off-roaders. The dual-coated powder finish lends to an attractive look. With easy bolt-on installation, this side step does not require any drilling.
The dual-coated powder finish lends to an attractive look. With easy bolt-on installation, this side step does not require any drilling.
Even those off-road enthusiasts that are very tough on their SUV will see the Tyger Auto will withstand the most difficult terrain. These running boards are built to last! Each one has been coated with a special solution inside and out and has been pre-treated to remove any impurities.
- The tubes are sealed to keep out any dirt, water, and debris.
- These side steps feature a US patented design.
- No drilling required with the easy bolt-on installation.
- Maximum underside protection due to the dual girder system
- Metal side steps assist individuals in getting in and out of higher lifted trucks and SUVs.
- Meets or exceeds OE quality standards.
- Have a 500-pound rating
- Comes with a five-year warranty that is “no-hassle”
- Easy installation
- Unbeatable quality for the price
- Very sturdy
- Has a hardcore look to them
- Rust has been an issue with some consumers
#2. N-FAB – Best Textured Side Steps
N-FAB textured side steps is a trendsetter that will turn heads. With the four-stage powder coating process, these off-road nerf bars are made to last in the most extreme terrains. They come with a 5-year finish warranty.
While these will not provide you with any protection when you rock crawl, they do make it easier for passengers to get into your Toyota FJ Cruiser, especially if you have a lift on it.
- Long-lasting finish due to the 4-stage powder coating
- Provide superior stability and traction in the elements
- Five bolt installation
- 100% welded construction
- Innovative hoop and step mounting system
- Quick installation
- Looks exceptional
- Makes getting in and out of the car easy
- Built solid
- Won’t fit doors with cladding
- Bolt to the running boards, not the frame
- No instructions included
#3. MaxMate – Best Nerf Bars
MaxMate side steps fit 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. The wide step pads are UV resistant and non-slip. These steps are manufactured by following OE standards. They make it very easy for those of us that are shorter to get into the SUV.
- Black powder-coated 3 inch round tubing
- Rust resistant
- No drilling installation
- Five-year warranty
- Zero vibration
- Heavy duty
- Has a no-hassle warranty
- Has excellent customer service
- Easy to install
- Holes line up perfectly
- The bolts at the bottom are visible
- The underside may disintegrate after several years
#4. Smittybilt – Best Rock Sliders
The Smittybilt side steps were manufactured for all Fj Cruiser models. These steel running boards have an innovative design that features a four-step drop-down design. The welded plate will not crack or break.
Smittybilt is committed to providing excellent products that last a long time. This is why their steel side steps have a rating of 445 pounds the highest in this class.
- Manufactured with 304 marine grade stainless steel
- No drill application
- Available in polish stainless steel or a high-gloss powder coating
- Heavy-duty heel to wheel coverage
- Easy installation
- Fully functional
- Good quality
- Excellent price
- May corrode after several years
- Support was not stellar
- The coating is a bit on the thin side
#5. APS iBoard – Best Aluminium Side Steps
APS iBoard running boards are the best aluminum side steps we have found. They will support up to 300 pounds on each side and were designed to be used on 2007-2014 models.
These off-road nerf bars were developed with safety in mind. The rigid rubber top makes it easy to step in and out of the vehicle, making it harder to slip. And if these step bars get dirty, which you know they will, they are very easy to wash down with a hose.
- Clean and modern design
- Run across the entire length of the bar, making it easier to access the windshield and rooftop.
- Holds up to 300 pounds
- No drilling required with bolt installation
- All mounting hardware is included
- Easy to install
- Low profile look
- Decently priced
- People will be constantly bugging you about where you got them
Our number one goal is to provide you with the best information so you can make an educated decision on which one is right for you. If you are looking for off-road rock sliders that are tough and rugged, consider going with our number one choice – Tyger Auto. These side steps will provide you with an attractive look that will last a long time on your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
What is the difference between running boards and side steps?
Running boards and side steps are often used interchangeably. However, there are some noticeable differences between the two. Running boards generally are mounted flush on the rocker panel, with no gap exposed where side steps will have a gap between the step and the vehicle’s body. Generally, this gap is about two inches.
What is the point of side steps?
Side steps provide a place to step when getting into a vehicle. They work best on larger automobiles, such as an SUV or pickup. Some individuals will place them on smaller SUVs as they add an aesthetic value.
What is the purpose of nerf bars on an SUV?
Nerf bars are installed on SUVs to protect them from flying rocks or other road debris that may chip the paint on your vehicle. These nerf bars will protect the doors and side panels of your car by not allowing the rocks through.